Minor Home Repairs
City of Carrollton, People Helping People – Metrocrest Services
Since 1985, the People Helping People Program (PHP) has been assisting 62+ years of age or disabled homeowners with minor exterior home repairs.
People Helping People Program
Since 1985, the People Helping People Program (PHP) has been assisting 62+ years of age or disabled homeowners with minor exterior home repairs. Repairs include replacing rotted wood, scraping and painting, rebuilding/replacing steps, handrails, porches, demolishing small structures and removing open storage from yards.
|City of Dallas
People Helping People
1500 Marilla Street, Room 6CN
Dallas, Texas 75215Manager
How to qualify?
- Be 62+ years of age or disabled as defined by Social Security or Veterans Administration (No age limitation in Neighborhood Investment Program-N.I.P. areas)
- Own and occupy home for more than two years
- Live within the city limits of Dallas
- Meet low-income guidelines: at or below 50% of the area median income citywide (at or below 80% of the area median income in N.I.P. areas)
- No delinquent taxes or must have a deferral for payment in place or are current on payment plan for payment of delinquent taxes
- Provide copies of required documents for proof of ownership, income, and identification
Minor Home Repair Program
The City of Carrollton’s Minor Home Repair Program is funded by the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG). These funds are awarded to the City of Carrollton by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). This program is designed to improve the sustainability of Carrollton and make the homes of those needing assistance safer and healthier.
The Minor Home Repair Program is to provide assistance to low-to-moderate income homeowners to make essential repairs when owner-occupant lacks sufficient resources of their own. Through this program the homeowner can get assistance with repairs that can be completed for $10,000 or less.
Live Safely: Minor Home Repairs & Safety Aids
To help seniors live independently and safely in their homes, we provide assistance with minor home repairs and install safety aids, such as grab bars, wheelchair ramps and wireless doorbells. Volunteers provide many of the services under the coordination of our Home Repair Coordinator. Yard cleanup, fence repairs and exterior painting may also be available.
Senior pay for the materials and volunteers install them.
Phone Number: 972-446-2100