Workforce Development Specialists, Clarice Mastin & Tanisha Williams are ready to help job-seekers with search strategies and one-on-one coaching.
Working Towards a More Secure Future
Trained workforce employment counselors aid individuals, including seniors, who are seeking employment, are currently under employed, and those who need help identifying job opportunities.
- Assessment of job history and challenges to employment
- Identification of work goals
- Job referrals and opportunities for training, certifications, education
- Resume review and interview skills coaching
Services and aids include:
- Computer Lab with Internet access, resume software, phone, fax, printer, and photocopier
- Training for those with limited computer experience
- Bus vouchers or gas cards for employment
- Assistance with haircuts & work attire
- GED test preparation assistance
Call 972-446-2100 for details or to make an appointment.
Texas Workforce Commission
Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is the state agency charged with overseeing and providing workforce development services to employers and job seekers of Texas. TWC strengthens the Texas economy by providing the workforce development component of the Governor’s economic development strategy. Texas boasts an incredibly skilled workforce ready to attract enterprise to the Lone Star State. By focusing on the needs of employers, TWC gives Texas the competitive edge necessary to draw business here.
Our mission is to promote and support a workforce system that creates value and offers employers, individuals, and communities the opportunity to achieve and sustain economic prosperity. Our TWC Mission, Vision and Philosophy give more information about our goals and core beliefs.
The Commission is the governing body of the Texas Workforce Commission, comprised of three commissioners appointed by the Governor, one each representing employers, labor and the public.
The agency is presided over by the Commission and administered by the Executive Director to operate an integrated workforce development system and administer the unemployment benefits program in Texas.
TWC is part of Texas Workforce Solutions, a local and statewide network comprised of the agency, 28 workforce development boards, and their contracted service providers and community partners. This network gives customers local access to workforce solutions and statewide services at numerous Workforce Solutions offices. TWC provides unemployment benefits services through five Tele-Centers and administers unemployment tax through numerous local tax offices.
Jewish Family Service is an open door to those in need regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or ability to pay. Our services and programs are built upon our core beliefs:
- Any of us might need help from time to time as we navigate life’s unexpected crises and challenging transitions.
- An individual’s emotional and physical well-being is the foundation for personal self-sufficiency, strong families, and meaningful social relationships.
- Each child’s physical, intellectual, and emotional potential can best be realized by growing up in a safe and nurturing environment.
- All adults want to support themselves, meet family needs, and contribute productively to their community.
- Older adults should have the option to remain in their own homes for as long as it is safe to do so.
When people turn to Jewish Family Service for help, they can rely on licensed professionals with the education, expertise, experience, and heart to make a positive difference in thousands of lives every year in an atmosphere of respect and confidentiality.